Please read this confirmation and enclosed reservation agreement, sign and date last page and put reservation number on, and then return via email [email protected] or mail to
Skipper & Associates Inc 8374 Market Street 232 Lakewood Ranch, Florida 34202 or you can scan the last page of the agreement and email to: [email protected] or you can forward the original rental reservation back [email protected] and say you have read and understood the terms and conditions, it must be from your email account.
Skipper Vacation Rental Terms and Conditions
1) Check-In: Upon arrival, keys will be available in the Unit on the kitchen counter, you will have been given by email the code to the door or garage door for entry, so late arrival is not a problem. Check-in is after 4:00 P.M. unless prior arrangements have been made. All reasonable efforts will be made to have the Premises ready for your occupancy. Please call us to let us know you arrived safely and were able to get into the unit. Call 941-379-2333 or 941-809-4309. In some cases there will be an instruction binder on the table, please follow those instructions.
2) Checkout: Check out is before 10:00 A.M. on day of scheduled departure. All keys must be left on Kitchen counter, check to see that you have all your belongings, and please put out any trash so it may be collected prior to Garbage pick up. There is normally instructions on the Refrigerator door, or in the instruction binder on the table.
3) Reservation Deposits: A minimum of 25% of the rental fee is required to secure and confirm a reservation.
4) Payment Due Dates: All payments are due 60 to 90 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL (depending on length of stay), payable by Check, Money Order, Cash or Debit Card. Credit cards accepted for deposits only unless you live outside the United States and other methods will not work. For reservations made less than 60 days before arrival, full payment is due within 72 hours of booking. If sending a check make check payable to Skipper & Associates, mail to
Skipper & Associates Inc
8374 Market Street 232
Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202
5) Resort Tax & Fees: Rentals of six months or less are subject to State and local taxes. Taxes may vary on location of property and are subject to change without notice. Standard Resort tax for Anna Maria Island is 11.5% (County 5% and State is 6.5%)
Standard Resort tax for Cedar Key is 9%. There can also a service fee of up to 3.5% paid by the traveler when booking through this websites. This fee covers the cost of providing customer support, enhanced site and mobile features for both owner and travelers, plus expanded marketing efforts to generate more exposure to global audiences, web assistance. Also includes processing registration application.
A separate of different charge could apply if booking directly with the Booking agent.
6) Occupancy: Please note the maximum normal occupancy on the property, up to two extra guest you have paid for, or have been approved, are the only exception. Overcrowding will result in immediate eviction without refund. A parent or legal guardian must accompany any guest under 21 years of age. No Parties are large events with several guest are to be allowed in the unit unless given written permission by us prior to the event. Reservations obtained under false pretenses will cause loss of all payments and Guest will be asked to vacate the rental property immediately. Bad or Abusive behavior, or violation of Association Rules on your part, or that of your Guest which involves a complaint being filed by the Association, other Guest or Owners, or Police being called due to your actions could result in your immediate eviction without refund.
7) Travel Insurance: We provide the option of CSA Travel Protection Plan for all our guests. Travel Insurance is non-taxable and non-refundable. If eligible, CSA Travel Protection Plan is automatically added to your invoice. The plan is effective within 24 hours of when payment is received. See all details in the About Us section and click on CSA Travel Protection link. Why Buy CSA Guest Protect Travel Insurance
8) Cancellation Policy: All monies paid including deposit and advanced rental payments are non-refundable, we may make a special exception depending on the circumstances, but only if we are able to rebook the unit, and there will still be $100 Cancellation fee. We will allow you to cancel prior to 90 days of your arrival for one week through three week stays, and cancel prior to 120 days for a month or greater stays, but in both cases there will be a minimum of $100 Cancellation fee. We strongly suggest all guests to take the offered CSA Travel Protection Insurance, or any other form of travel insurance to cover these amounts should you have to cancel your reservation for any covered reason.
9) Damage/Security Deposit: Skipper & Associates Inc reserves the right to charge for any damages, excessive cleaning charges, and outstanding or excessive use of utilities. Any and all excessive fees will be deducted from your credit card on file. A fee will be assessed if keys and/or remotes are lost. It is our desire that you have a great stay, we are not going to be nit picking about every minor infraction, we want your repeat business. Now if you exhibit abusive behavior, like leaving the windows, or doors open constantly while AC is running, trash the unit, or items become missing, and damage has occurred- then you will be charged. In lieu of providing a large damage deposit, you may purchase a CSA Vacation Rental Damage plan. Read the disclosure below, and click on link for more details.
Vacation Rental Damage Plan from CSA This Vacation Rental Damage plan covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of [$3,000]. Any damages that exceed [$3,000] will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our Rental Properties, an Insured Person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or actual cash value of such property up to a maximum benefit of [$3,000]. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy (www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/G10VRD). The Vacation Rental Damage can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly [Skipper & Associates Inc] any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact [Skipper & Associates Inc] directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment.
10) Refunds: NO REFUNDS will be made due to inclement weather, early departure, no shows, government work projects in the area, construction work, or mechanical failures. In case of an Order evacuation, total loss of unit due to loss of primary services (Electrical, Water, AC, Refrigeration), then a Refund, or partial refund would be an option, and if you have the Travel Insurance protection you may be covered.
11) Pets: Are not permitted in most rental properties unless specifically authorized. In the event that a property does accept pets, Skipper & Associates Inc must be notified when making the reservation a non refundable fee will apply as stated in the unit information section. If your pet becomes a nuisance, barking constant, snipping at guest, overall becoming a problem, then you will be ask to find another location for the pet, or have to leave with no refund of remaining stay. In the event there is a pet on the property without prior permission, it will result in immediate eviction and loss of any rental funds. The guest will be charged for any costs with regard to returning the rental property to the original condition.
12) Elevator: Some units have an Elevator, please follow the proper use, do not let children use the elevator without adult supervision. Normal use of Elevator will posted in the Elevator or sent to you by email prior to your arrival.
13) Smoking: Smoking is prohibited in all rental properties. Any signs of smoking indoors will forfeit any security deposit on file or $500 damage charge to your credit card on file, and could if you continue cause your immediate eviction of the unit. Guests may also incur additional charges if the unit needs treatment to remove the smoking odor.
14) Amenities: Amenities include but not limited to, fully equipped kitchen with cookware and utensils, coffee maker, blender and toaster. Also provided are bed linens, bath towels, cable TV and telephone with free local calls if available. Most properties offer washer/dryers, microwave and dishwashers. Additional amenities such as BBQ's (no gas grills), Internet service, and DVD or VCR players are provided as a convenience to our guests but cannot be guaranteed. Our rental properties are individually owned and each reflects the owner’s personal taste. Please note furnishings, and amenities may be changed without notification.
15) Maintenance: In the event of equipment malfunction during your stay, Skipper & Associates Inc will expedite repairs as quickly as possible. Please call us as soon as you notice a problem, most issues can be taken care of quickly. No Refunds or rental adjustments will be available unless the problem results in long term issue of major loss of primary necessary service (AC, heat, refrigerator, water, electricity). If problem is just loss of such things as toaster, cable outage, dishwasher issue, washer or dryer issue, shut down of one bathroom while is still another, garage door won't open, and similar events happen, then we will work as quickly to repair but it will not be consider a major loss.
16) Substitution of, or loss of Accommodations: Skipper & Associates Inc reserves the right to move a guest to an alternate property of similar quality in the event of unexpected circumstances. (i.e. fire, water damage, hurricane evacuation, sale of unit, double booking, Owner issues, etc, basically issues beyond our control.) If not able to relocate you to another property we will return all of your rental payment and fees you were charged back to you. We will give you as much notice as the circumstances gives us.
17) Properties for Sale: In the event the rental property you are staying in is listed for sale, we may find the need to show the property during your stay. We will make every attempt not to disturb or inconvenience you during your vacation and will give you notice if we do need to show the unit. In some rare cases Units sell prior to your arrival, if this occurs we will notify you no less than 15 days prior to that event. We will make every attempt to relocate you to another unit, if not able to relocate then we will return all of your rental payment. We highly encourage you to get Rental Insurance prior to your stay to cover many of the losses that occur when unexpected cancelations occur.
18) Pool: Most pools are community pools that are maintained on regular basis, do not attempt to change any of the temperature settings or any of pool equipment, follow Pool Rules and notify us if there is a problem with the pool. Most heated pools are maintained at 75-80F degrees, but may not be able to hold that temperature if the weather has been colder than 65 degrees on average.
19) Internet & Wireless Service: Many of our units provide high speed internet service for your convenience. Some systems do not adapt to all computers, please call us if you are having a problem and we attempt to help you resolve the issue. We can make no guarantee that your computer will work with these services.
20) Condominium/Homeowners Association: Guests occupying a unit governed by an association shall abide by all association rules and regulations. Some Associations require approval of tenant prior to stay, if that is the case then you will need to fill out a Approval form and be approved prior to be allowed to complete final Reservation process.
21)Entry of Premises: Guest agrees to allow Skipper & Associates Inc manager, vendors, and contractors/subcontractors to access the rental property to make repairs, improvements, care for or manage the property. We will make every effort to limit interruptions during your stay.
22) Housekeeping: Accommodations are to be maintained in a neat and clean condition. Units are cleaned prior to your arrival and after your departure, please take all of your belongings with you, leave the unit in about the same condition you received it in, special instructions are often on the Refrigerator door. We do offer mid stay cleaning services, call us if you need theses services. Units left excessively messy will have an additional cleaning charge.
23) Indemnity: Guest agrees to indemnify and save harmless the Owner and Agent for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with Guest’s use and occupancy of the Premises including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or theft of property which is made, incurred or sustained by Guest. Neither Agent or Owner are providing any other warranty of any kind, except as otherwise expressly provided herein, whether written or oral, statutory or contractual, express or implied, including, without limitation, THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, which are hereby expressly excluded. The terms Agent and Owner as used in this Agreement shall include their heirs, successors in interest, assigns, employees, agents, and representatives where the context requires or permits. The terms Tenant, Guest, You, and Your as used in the Agreement shall include Tenant’s heirs, successors, assigns, guests, invitees, representatives and other persons on the Premises during Your occupancy (without regard to whether such persons have authority under this Agreement to be upon the Premises), where the context requires or permits.
24) Use of Property: Skipper & Associates Inc cannot guarantee quiet use or enjoyment of rental properties due to noise from other persons, neighboring properties, construction, maintenance, etc. Please inform us in advance prior to booking a unit if there is certain conditions you need for your stay, we will inform you if there is an issue if we are aware of it. You can not stay past the the time of your reservation, you can call to request more time and if available and additional charge for the stay can be charged to a credit card on file.
25) Radon Gas: Radon Gas is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that, when accumulated in a building in sufficient quantities, may present health risks to persons who are exposed to it over time. Levels that exceed Federal and State guidelines have been found in buildings in Florida. Additional information regarding Radon Gas and Radon testing may be obtained from Manatee County Health unit.
26) Alarm Systems: Some units have alarm systems, such as pull stations for fire alarms. If you pull an alarm and it is not an emergency you could be subject to serious fines. Keep children away, and keep them away not to pull unless an emergency.
27) Agency: Guest, by this document, is given notice that Skipper & Associates Inc is Agent for the Owner and is being compensated as such by the Owner. Guest acknowledges that this written notice was given, by checking the box for accepting the the terms and conditions and is understood, prior to signing Rental Agreement, in compliance with all Florida Statues. Receipt of initial payment from guest to Skipper & Associates Inc constitutes acceptance of all terms and conditions.
A copy of this will be sent with your first receipt of your deposit to you by email, please print off and either scan email a signed copy back , reply to original email reservation sent to your from your email and state you have read and understood the terms and conditions, or mail it back with your final payment.
Mail final payment to:
checks are payable to Skipper & Associates Inc
mail to: Skipper & Associates Inc
8374 Market Street 232 Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202
contact phone numbers
941-227-1014 reservation line
Thank you for your Request, a copy of this will remain on file with our Office located at:
Skipper & Associates Inc
Island Office address
301 Manatee Ave Holmes Beach, FL 34217
Please stop and see us for any questions, information, or any Real Estate need
our Office is on the Corner of Gulf Drive and Manatee Ave(St Rd 64) across from
the Manatee Public Beach
Office hours: 10:00 am to 4:00pm M-F and 10:00 am to 2:00pm Sat closed on Sunday