Terms and Conditions
Prior to Stay must read and agree to terms below: Covid-19 info at the bottom of page
Thank you for using Skipper & Associates Inc
Terms and Conditions
Prior to Stay must read and agree to terms below:
Thank you for using Skipper & Associates Inc
Please read this confirmation and enclosed reservation agreement, sign and date last page and put reservation number on, and then return via email [email protected] or mail to
Skipper & Associates Inc 8374 Market Street 232 Lakewood Ranch, Florida 34202 or you can scan the last page of the agreement and email to: [email protected] or you can forward the original rental reservation back [email protected] and say you have read and understood the terms and conditions, it must be from your email account.
Skipper Vacation Rental Terms and Conditions
1) Check-In: Upon arrival, keys will be available in the Unit on the kitchen counter, you will have been given by email the code to the door or garage door for entry, so late arrival is not a problem. Check-in is after 4:00 P.M. unless prior arrangements have been made. All reasonable efforts will be made to have the Premises ready for your occupancy. Please call us to let us know you arrived safely and were able to get into the unit. Call 941-227-1014 or 941-809-4309. In some cases there will be an instruction binder on the table, please follow those instructions.
2) Checkout: Check out is before 10:00 A.M. on day of scheduled departure. Any key(if there is one) must be left on Kitchen counter along with garage door opener(if there was one), check to see that you have all your belongings, and please put out any trash in trash cans. Only put Trash cans to the curb on collection days. There is normally instructions on the Refrigerator door, or in the instruction binder on the table.
3) Reservation Deposits: A minimum of 35% of the rental fee is required to secure and confirm a reservation.
4) Payment Due Dates: All payments are due 60 to 90 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL (depending on length of stay), payable by Check, Money Order, Cash or Debit Card. Credit cards accepted for deposits only unless you live outside the United States and other methods will not work. For reservations made less than 60 days before arrival, full payment is due within 72 hours of booking. If sending a check make check payable to Skipper & Associates, mail to
Skipper & Associates Inc
8374 Market Street 232
Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202
5) Resort Tax & Fees: Rentals of six months or less are subject to State and local taxes. Taxes may vary on location of property and are subject to change without notice. Standard Resort tax for Anna Maria Island is 12% (County 5% and State is 7%)
Standard Resort tax for Cedar Key is 11%. There can also a service fee paid by the traveler when booking through this website. This fee covers the cost of providing customer support, enhanced site and mobile features for both owner and travelers, plus expanded marketing efforts to generate more exposure to global audiences, web assistance. Also includes processing registration application.
A separate of different charge could apply if booking directly with the Booking agent.
6) Occupancy: Please note the maximum normal occupancy on the property, up two people per bedroom, or have been approved, are the only exception. Overcrowding will result in immediate eviction without refund. A parent or legal guardian must accompany any guest under 21 years of age. No Parties are large events with several guests are to be allowed in the unit unless given written permission by us prior to the event. Reservations obtained under false pretenses will cause loss of all payments and Guest will be asked to vacate the rental property immediately. Bad or Abusive behavior, or violation of Association Rules on your part, or that of your Guest which involves a complaint being filed by the Association, other Guest or Owners, or Police being called due to your actions could result in your immediate eviction without refund.
7) Travel Insurance: We provide the option of Generali Travel Protection Plan for all our guests. Travel Insurance is non-taxable and non-refundable. If eligible, the Generali Travel Protection Plan is automatically added to your invoice. The plan is effective within 24 hours of when payment is received. See all details in the About Us section and click on Generali Travel Protection link. Why Buy Generali Guest Protect Travel Insurance
8) Cancellation Policy: All monies paid including deposit and advanced rental payments are non-refundable, we may make a special exception depending on the circumstances, but only if we are able to rebook the unit, and there will still be $100 Cancellation fee. We will allow you to cancel prior to 90 days of your arrival for one week through three week stays and cancel prior to 120 days for a month or greater stays, but in both cases, there will be a minimum of $100 Cancellation fee. We strongly suggest all guests to take the offered Generali Travel Protection Insurance, or any other form of travel insurance to cover these amounts should you have to cancel your reservation for any covered reason.
9) Damage/Security Deposit: Skipper & Associates Inc reserves the right to charge for any damages, excessive cleaning charges, and outstanding or excessive use of utilities. All excessive fees will be deducted from your credit card on file. A fee will be assessed if keys and/or remotes are lost. It is our desire that you have a great stay, we are not going to be nit picking about every minor infraction, we want your repeat business. Now if you exhibit abusive behavior, like leaving the windows, or doors open constantly while AC is running, trash the unit, or items become missing, and damage has occurred- then you will be charged. In lieu of providing a large damage deposit, you may purchase a Generali Vacation Rental Damage plan. Read the disclosure below and click on the link for more details. Skipper & Associates has the right to enter premises if it suspects damage is being done to the unit, if damage is determined you must pay for damages, if accidental and you have rental insurance plan you must cooperate and fill out request form to pay for damage. If you are abusing the unit, then your stay will be terminated and you will be told to leave the premises immediately, damages will be filed against you.
Vacation Rental Damage Plan from Generali This Vacation Rental Damage plan covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of [$3,000]. Any damages that exceed [$3,000] will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our Rental Properties, an Insured Person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit because of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or actual cash value of such property up to a maximum benefit of [$3,000]. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy (www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/G10VRD). The Vacation Rental Damage can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request Generali Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly [Skipper & Associates Inc] any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact [Skipper & Associates Inc] directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment.
10) Refunds: NO REFUNDS will be made due to inclement weather, early departure, no shows, government work projects in the area, construction work, or mechanical failures. In case of an Order evacuation, total loss of unit due to loss of primary services (Electrical, Water, AC, Refrigeration), then a partial refund would be an option, and if you have the Travel Insurance protection you may be covered.
11) Pets: Are not permitted in most rental properties unless specifically authorized. In the event that a property does accept pets, Skipper & Associates Inc must be notified when making the reservation a non-refundable fee will apply as stated in the unit information section. If your pet becomes a nuisance, barking constantly, snipping at guests, overall becoming a problem, then you will be asked to find another location for the pet, or must leave with no refund of remaining stay. In the event there is a pet on the property without prior permission, it will result in immediate eviction and loss of any rental funds. The guest will be charged for any costs regarding returning the rental property to the original condition.
12) Elevator: Some units have an Elevator, please follow the proper use, do not let children use the elevator without adult supervision. Normal use of Elevator will post in the Elevator or sent to you by email prior to your arrival.
13) Smoking: Smoking is prohibited in all rental properties. Any signs of smoking indoors will forfeit any security deposit on file or $500 damage charge to your credit card on file, and could if you continue cause your immediate eviction of the unit. Guests may also incur additional charges if the unit needs treatment to remove the smoking odor.
14) Amenities: Amenities include but not limited to, fully equipped kitchen with cookware and utensils, coffee maker, and toaster. Also provided are bed linens, bath towels, cable TV and telephone with free local calls if available. Most properties offer washer/dryers, microwave and dishwashers. Additional amenities such as BBQ's are at the community pool (they are not allowed at the unit), Internet service, and DVD or VCR players are provided as a convenience to our guests but cannot be guaranteed. Our rental properties are individually owned, and each reflects the owner’s personal taste. Please note furnishings, and amenities may be changed without notification.
15) Maintenance: In the event of equipment malfunction during your stay, Skipper & Associates Inc will expedite repairs as quickly as possible. Please call us as soon as you notice a problem, most issues can be taken care of quickly. No Refunds or rental adjustments will be available unless the problem results in long term issue of major loss of primary necessary service (AC, heat, refrigerator, water, electricity). If problem is just loss of such things as toaster, cable outage, dishwasher issue, washer or dryer issue, shut down of one bathroom while is still another, garage door won't open, and similar events happen, then we will work as quickly to repair but it will not be consider a major loss.
16) Substitution of, or loss of Accommodations: Skipper & Associates Inc reserves the right to move a guest to an alternate property of similar quality in the event of unexpected circumstances. (i.e. fire, water damage, hurricane evacuation, sale of unit, double booking, Owner issues, etc., basically issues beyond our control.) If you are not able to relocate to another property, we will return all your rental payment and fees you were charged back to you. We will give you as much notice as the circumstances gives us.
17) Properties for Sale: In the event the rental property you are staying in is listed for sale, we may find the need to show the property during your stay. We will make every attempt not to disturb or inconvenience you during your vacation and will give you notice if we do need to show the unit. In some rare cases Units sell prior to your arrival, if this occurs we will notify you no less than 15 days prior to that event. We will make every attempt to relocate you to another unit, if not able to relocate then we will return all of your rental payment. We highly encourage you to get Rental Insurance prior to your stay to cover many of the losses that occur when unexpected cancellations occur.
18) Pool: Most pools are community pools that are maintained on regular basis, do not attempt to change any of the temperature settings or any of pool equipment, follow Pool Rules and notify us if there is a problem with the pool. Most heated pools are maintained at 80-83 Fahrenheit degrees but may not be able to hold that temperature if the weather has been colder than 65 degrees on average. If temperatures outside remain below 65 degrees the pool heater will be turn off until outside temperatures increase as not waste resources.
19) Internet & Wireless Service: Many of our units provide high speed internet service for your convenience. Some systems do not adapt to all computers, please call us if you are having a problem and we attempt to help you resolve the issue. We can make no guarantee that your computer will work with these services. Since we cannot control outages we cannot guarantee service at all times.
20) Condominium/Homeowners Association: Guests occupying a unit governed by an association shall abide by all association rules and regulations. Some Associations require approval of tenant prior to stay, if that is the case then you will need to fill out an Approval form and be approved prior to be allowed to complete final Reservation process.
21)Entry of Premises: Guest agrees to allow Skipper & Associates Inc manager, vendors, and contractors/subcontractors to access the rental property to make repairs, improvements, or required inspections, notification will be given. If in the event of the Police or Fire services is called you must allow entry, no exceptions. If reports are called in about damage being done to the unit, or you have exceeded your occupancy allowance then you must allow entry to confirm. We will make every effort to limit interruptions during your stay. This is a Vacation rental, not a lease. If falls under the guidelines of DPBR Hotels & Restaurant guidelines.
22) Housekeeping: Accommodations are to be maintained in a neat and clean condition. Units are cleaned prior to your arrival and after your departure, please take all your belongings with you, leave the unit in about the same condition you received it in, special instructions are often on the Refrigerator door. We do offer mid stay cleaning services, call us if you need these services. Units left excessively messy will have an additional cleaning charge.
23) Indemnity: Guest agrees to indemnify and save harmless the Owner and Agent for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with Guest use and occupancy of the Premises including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or theft of property which is made, incurred or sustained by Guest. Neither Agent or Owner is providing any other warranty of any kind, except as otherwise expressly provided herein, whether written or oral, statutory or contractual, express or implied, including, without limitation, THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, which are hereby expressly excluded. The terms Agent and Owner as used in this Agreement shall include their heirs, successors in interest, assigns, employees, agents, and representatives where the context requires or permits. The terms Tenant, Guest, You, and Your as used in the Agreement shall include Tenants heirs, successors, assigns, guests, invitees, representatives and other persons on the Premises during Your occupancy (without regard to whether such persons have authority under this Agreement to be upon the Premises), where the context requires or permits.
24) Use of Property: Skipper & Associates Inc cannot guarantee quiet use or enjoyment of rental properties due to noise from other persons, neighboring properties, construction, maintenance, etc. Please inform us in advance prior to booking a unit if there are certain conditions you need for your stay, we will inform you if there is an issue if we are aware of it. You cannot stay past the time of your reservation, you can call to request more time and if available and additional charge for the stay can be charged to a credit card on file.
25) Radon Gas: Radon Gas is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that, when accumulated in a building in sufficient quantities, may present health risks to persons who are exposed to it over time. Levels that exceed Federal and State guidelines have been found in buildings in Florida. Additional information regarding Radon Gas and Radon testing may be obtained from Manatee County Health unit.
26) Alarm Systems: Some units have alarm systems, such as pull stations for fire alarms. If you pull an alarm and it is not an emergency, you could be subject to serious fines. Keep children away, and keep them away not to pull unless an emergency.
27) Agency: Guest, by this document, is given notice that Skipper & Associates Inc is Agent for the Owner and is being compensated as such by the Owner. Guest acknowledges that this written notice was given, by checking the box for accepting the terms and conditions and is understood, prior to signing Rental Agreement, in compliance with all Florida Statues. Receipt of initial payment from guest to Skipper & Associates Inc constitutes acceptance of all terms and conditions.
This is for guest staying at Bermuda Bay Club
Bermuda Bay Club Condominium
Rules & Regulations
All of the units at Bermuda Bay Club Condominium are privately owned. Please treat the property as you would want
your own home treated. Each unit is used by owners and their guests as well as rented to selected visitors. Please be
considerate of other residents and observe the following rules and regulations:
The following rules must be followed for pool use:
1. Pool hours are 9:00 am to 10:00 pm and are strictly enforced.
2. Shower before entering pool.
3. No glass of any kind in pool area.
4. Floats and/or rafts are prohibited.
5. Swim at your own risk. No life guard is on duty.
6. Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
7. Children not potty-trained must wear protective undergarments.
8. Diving, running, or horseplay is not permitted.
9. Please use headphones when you bring your music into common areas.
10. Please refrain from using any foul or offensive language.
11. Remove or place your trash in the receptacles.
12. Remove any children’s toys and/or personal belongings between visits to the pool.
Vehicles & Parking:
Passenger automobiles, sport/utility vehicles, trucks (not over one ton), vans, and motorcycles, which are used for personal use and not commercially and which do not exceed the size of one parking space may be parked on the condominium property but only in the parking areas specifically designated for that purpose. Only those with authorized Permit, can park in areas designated Permit Parking only. Guest must use the garage and parking spaces in front of the garage only of unit they are staying in.
Pets are not allowed around the pool area or on the bayside observation deck. Please pick up after your pet. A pet waste station is located by the mailbox. City ordinance prohibits pets on our public beaches. Only Owners are allowed to have a Pet, Guest or Renters are not allowed pets.
Garbage must be disposed of in the receptacles provided. Garbage pickup days are Monday and Thursday. Recycling is picked up on Thursday. Place your covered cans outside only on those days, or the evening before if necessary. Garbage may not remain outside your unit entrance for any length of time.
Loud Noises & Nuisances:
Loud and disturbing noises are prohibited.
Day guest and visitors to Bermuda Bay Club are permitted only when the unit owner is present. Tenants are not allowed to have day guests in the recreational areas. Bermuda Bay Club’s recreational areas are designed and offered for the benefit of owners and their tenants only.
Outdoor Cooking – The Florida Fire Code does not allow any grills (propane, charcoal or electric) to be used, or stored, on any balcony, under any overhanging portion, or within ten feet of any structure. Further, propane tanks cannot be stored inside any building/garage. The Association has provided a grill in the Pool area for both Owners and Tenants to use. This is Fire Marshall ruling, there can be fines for violation.
There is a fine, and possible legal charges if you pull a fire station and there is no emergency, False alarms must be avoided. Please watch that children to not accidentally pull these alarm pull stations.
Medical or fire emergencies; dial 911.
Condo Association Manager: Skipper & Associates Richard Bond 941-227-1014
_________________________(tenant signature) Date:____________
A copy of this will be sent with your first receipt of your deposit to you by email, please print off and either scan email a signed copy back , reply to original email reservation sent to your from your email and state you have read and understood the terms and conditions, or mail it back with your final payment.
Mail final payment to:
checks are payable to Skipper & Associates Inc
Skipper & Associates Inc
8374 Market Street 232 Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202
contact phone number
941-227-1014 reservation line
Thank you for your Request, a copy of this will remain on file with our Office located at:
Skipper & Associates Inc